21 Best Wilderness Survival Books
The most rugged minds survive. We tend to be drawn towards survival psychology and what drives a person to continue drawing breath.
Below is a list of the 21 best wilderness survival books money can buy.
- The Bushcraft Boxed Set (includes Bushcraft 101, Advanced Bushcraft, The Bushcraft Guide to Trapping, Gathering, and Cooking in the Wild, Bushcraft First Aid). The Bushcraft Box set is an excellent series of books to get started on. For budding and advanced preppers alike, this boxed set is an essential to any avid reader’s collection and to keep you alive when SHTF.
Other essential prepping books we love:
- Deep Survival: Who Lives, Dies and Why
- Everyday Survival: Why Smart People Do Stupid Things
- Surviving Survival
Here are our book recommendations on the psychology of survival:
- The Survivors Club: The Secrets and Science that Could Save Your Life
- On Combat
- Thinking, Fast and Slow
- The Gift of Fear
- Left of Bang: How the Marine Corps’ Combat Hunter Program Can Save Your Life
- The Unthinkable
- The Invisible Gorilla: How Our Intuitions Deceive Us
Historical stories of survival and mettle:
- The Mammoth Book of Endurance and Adventure
- The Explorers: A Story of Fearless Outcasts, Blundering Geniuses, and Impossible Success
- South!: The Story of Shackleton’s Last Expedition 1914-1917
- Desperate Journeys, Abandoned Souls: True Stories of Castaways and Other Survivors
- The Man-Eaters of Tsavo
- Chronicle of the Narvaez Expedition
- Man-Eaters of Kumaon
We love a good survival story, particularly one which reveals the mental capacities which identified driving factors of life or death.
Let us know about your recommendations in the comments below.